Monday 14 February 2011

Sunday Funday

I've decided that there are not enough Sunday night dinner parties in my life. Actually, there aren't enough dinner parties in general, but there is something special about a Sunday night dinner party...

On Sundays people are just so relaxed, and looking for a relaxing evening to prepare them for the work week to come. You drink a little less wine, eat a little less food, and are more content to have a relaxed conversation than you might be on a Saturday night, where the weekend hype is still going strong, the alcohol is flowing a bit more freely and the conversations are off the wall.

Both types of dinner parties are great, but tonight's was just what I needed to ease me into the coming week.

Kate and Emma came over to catch up and chat about our upcoming trip to Morocco. I decided to make a tasty dinner for us all. Seeing as the weather is (still) grossly cold, it had to be comfort food! And what's more comforting than homemade chili and cornbread? Not much, methinks!
Photobucket
Kate and Emma

I made the chili vegetarian, using three types of beans instead. Adding a bit of coco powder along with the chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika gave this chili a great depth and flavour.
Photobucket

The cornbread was the perfect complement, especially with honey butter! And as cornbread is a very American thing, my friends had never tried it. It's always fun introducing people to new foods, and it went over really well!

Photobucket Mmm Tasty!

So dinner was fab, excitement for Morocco is growing, and now I have leftovers to eat! Yum!

Until Tomorrow,

Kim

p.s. my valentine's day plans are the following:

No comments: