Tuesday 15 February 2011

So what's this...Myanmar?

Actual conversation had yesterday at my work after a meeting about International Strategy:

Unnamed person (UP): So...what was this Mee-ann-maaar he kept talking about?
Me: Um, you mean Myanmar. It used to be Burma. Now it's called Myanmar.
UP: Oh, so how do you spell that?
Me: M-Y-A-N-M-A-R (In my head thinking, OBVIOUSLY you never read any of the papers that you EDIT before they go out because Myanmar was mentioned multiple times in the paper for this meeting)
UP: You are so good at this
Me: um, thanks.

All I can think is, this is either an empty sentiment, or one that is slightly insulting if the UP thinks that knowing how to spell Myanmar is one of my most impressive traits.

I won't even get into the conversation about how the UP "couldn't find India on a map to save their life"

Welcome to my job.

But on a happier note, I've been thinking about all the countries I still want to visit. At the present time, these are (in continent-based order):

Canada
Costa Rica
Cuba
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
Haiti

Brazil
Chile
Argentina

Morocco
Egypt
Ethiopia
Ghana

Israel
Syria
Lebanon
Jordan
Iran
India
Thailand
Laos
Vietnam
Cambodia
Malaysia
Singapore
Indonesia
The Philippines
Japan
Tahiti

Russia
Turkey
Greece
Italy
Romania
Hungary
Czech Republic
Sweden
Denmark

Not too much to ask for, is it? Haha...I better keep working s that I can afford all of this!

Any thoughts about this list? Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?

Photobucket

<3 Kim

No comments: