Sunday 27 February 2011

Resolutions

In January I decided to make some of the dreaded resolutions for the year.

A desire to better oneself is normal in January, right? After two months of gluttony, revelry, and debauchery what could be better than some introspection into the things about ourselves that we want to change? Although that introspection may make you want to dive into a bottle of wine to pretend you never ventured into the dark territory of self-improvement and never saw the bits of yourself that are going to be HARD to change.

I have one or two hard ones, but some of the rest were much easier to take on.

Actively learn Spanish
Cook or bake a new recipe every week
Start writing again
Learn how to make really good yeast bread.

Spanish? Check! I'm really enjoying my Spanish class, and I am definitely looking forward to going further with the learning. I would love to do some immersion learning time in a Spanish speaking country to help me become fluent!

New recipes? I'm doing pretty good here too...It can be hard to remember or take the time to follow a new recipe, especially when you're tired/don't have the ingredients/just want to make your basic stand-by dish to get dinner over with! So I usually try to cook or bake something new on Sunday, when I have more time to do so.

Start writing again? Check! Not only have I been doing the blog, but check out my theatre review from Richard III:
http://www.playstosee.com/page.php?sad=play&id=104

Learn how to make yeast bread? errr...It's too soon to tell. I have issues with yeast breads. The wee buggers don't seem to like me enough to want to rise! Soda bread serves me well, but I really want to be able to make my own baguettes! Good thing there is still plenty of time left in the year!

So we'll see how the rest of the year goes! If all goes well, I'll be able to write a whole blog without using a translation website, and I'll get through the hundreds of saved recipes that I've been wanting to make for ages! And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to stop buying bread! :-)


Happy Sunday!

<3 Kim

No comments: