Wednesday 12 March 2014

10 people I would invite for dinner and what I would serve

When I started this blog, I was torn between inviting all my dead grandparents and great-grandparents or inviting people not related to me (and not necessarily dead) that I would like to meet. So maybe I’ll just do two lists and menus, and have two imaginary dinner parties!

Family Dinner Party

Grandpa Sigmund
Grandma Sigmund
Great-Grandparents Sigmund
Great-Grandparents Wolthorn
Great-Grandparents Doyle
Great-Grandparents Barnes

I would love to meet all the Great-Grandparents I never got to know, and spend time asking them questions about their lives. I also would love one more chance to better get to know the grandparents/Great Grandma that I did know, but who were taken too soon for my liking!

Menu

Appetiser: Bruschetta with a variety of toppings
Starter: Butternut squash soup with freshly baked bread (maybe a German rye bread and an Irish soda bread to honour both sides of the family?)
Main: Beef Wellington with roasted vegetables and roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary
Dessert: Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting, vanilla bean ice cream on the side

All homemade sans the puff pastry for the Wellington and the ice cream. I aim to impress. I hope they like it. Haha!

Strangers Dinner Party

William Shakespeare
J.K. Rowling
Marie Antoinette
President Obama
Benedict Cumberbatch
Nelson Mandela
John Lennon
Paul McCartney
William Wallace
Cleopatra

Some of my favourite authors/historical figures/current people of interest. Who wouldn’t love to see John and Paul back in a room together? I’ll bet they would make up and re-start the band. And my amazing party would be to thank for it!

Menu

Appetiser: Baked Camembert
Starter: Salad with blue cheese, grilled apple and pear slices, and candied pecans
Main: Filet Mignon with roasted asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes, and a red wine gravy
Dessert: Cowchip cookies ice cream sandwiches. (A cowchip cookie is massive, and has chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, and crushed frosted flakes inside. So yum!)

Again all homemade sans puff pasty. Nobody has time for that type of homemade shenanigans!

Ok both of these sound like super amazing evenings with delicious food. Someone best get on task and create a time machine so that I can actually experience these two distinct, special, and fabulous parties!

Ok now I’m hungry…dinner time!


Kim x

No comments: